[Qgis-developer] QGIS master flickering on mouse moving

Gabriele Monfardini gabrimonfa at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 02:59:43 EST 2012

Hi all,

I'm on git master up-to-date (last commit
aaddc4f914dc750afeb4395c6f1254f584161f4f).

Versione di QGIS               1.9.90-Alpha
QGIS code revision            3f50017
Compiled against Qt          4.7.4
Running against Qt            4.7.4
GDAL/OGR Version           1.9.0
GEOS Version                   3.4.dev
PostgreSQL Client Version  9.1.2
SpatiaLite Version              2.4.0
QWT Version                     5.2.2

Starting from a couple of days QGIS flicker evidently when moving the
cursor in and out map canvas.

There is no log from QGIS, no log from Xorg, nor entries in syslog.
Toggling the checkbox "Update" does not have any effect, so flickering
is not due to updating the view.

My video card is a Radeon HD 3450, with radeon driver.
I'm on kubuntu oneiric.

Toggling desktop effects in my desktop manager (kdm) also does not
have any effects.
Toggling compositing type from OpenGL and Xrender also does not have
any effects.

I cannot remember if this problem was present also in kde 4.7 (I've
updated to kde 4.8 a few days ago).

Can anyone confirm this?

Regards,

Gabriele Monfardini