[Qgis-developer] Scale bar problems with 2 maps on 1 composer

James Stott James.Stott at npaconsult.co.uk
Fri Feb 10 05:27:19 EST 2012

I am getting a problem where if I have two maps on a composer. When I
reopen a project the scale bar is reverting to the wrong one (map 1
which is my inset map rather than map 0 which is my main map).

To reproduce, place two maps on a composer (set the 2nd one to a
different scale to the first one - in my project the maps are at 1:40000
and 1:10000).
Tell the scale bar to be linked to map 0.
Save project, close QGIS then reopen and load project again.
Open composer
Scale bar now is linked to map 1 not map 0 and the size of the bar will
have changed.

It seems to remember all the other settings (e.g. segment size stays the
same which leads the scale bar to be very wide).

Can anyone else confirm?

Using OSGEO4W qgis-dev.

James Stott BSc (Hons) MSc | Senior Professional
Nicholas Pearson Associates | 30 Brock Street | Bath | BA1 2LN
T: 01225 445548 | M: -
http://www.npaconsult.co.uk/

http://www.npaconsult.co.uk/http://www.npaconsult.co.uk/about-news.asp
http://www.npaconsult.co.uk/terms.asp
This Electronic Transmission is intended only for the attention of the addressee. It may contain privileged and confidential information. If you are not the person for whom it is intended, you must not copy, distribute or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received this electronic transmission in error please notify us immediately by telephone, delete the transmission and destroy any hard copies.
Nicholas Pearson Associates has used all reasonable efforts to ensure that this message and any attachments are free from viruses.
Nicholas Pearson Associates, 30 Brock Street, Bath, BA1 2LN , Tel: +44 (0) 01225 445548, Fax: +44 (0) 01225 312387, Website: http://www.npaconsult.co.uk/