[Qgis-developer] OS X 1.7.4... bomb

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch
Sat Feb 25 15:25:24 EST 2012

Hi William

 >Nokia screwed up compiling their "official" binaries. Everything BUT
QtWebKit works on OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard).
 >QtWebKit appears to use a OS X 10.7-only system function. This breaks
QGIS help and some plugins on OS X 10.6.
 >It's possible it's not really Nokia's fault. I'll have to compile Qt
myself and package a new QGIS, but there is a
 >bug in Apple's SDK mechanism that could be the problem.

I had the same problem trying to compile Qt 4.8 on OS X 10.5.8. QtWebKit
does not build (compiler error because of reference to 10.7 function)
and QGIS needs Webkit.
How did you solve the problem? Disable the help menu?

Regards,
Marco