[Qgis-developer] Patch : QGIS Server Web Feature Service capabilities

kimaidou kimaidou at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 12:44:40 EST 2012

Hi devs

René-Luc D'Hont (my colleague) has just asked me to add a redmine issue
with his patch :
http://hub.qgis.org/issues/5094

Description

Adding the Web Feature Service capabilities Version 1.0.0 to QGIS Server.
The WFS service will then be able to answer the following requests :
    GetCapabilities, which provides the WFS Service capabilities
    DescribeFeatureType, which provides the XML features schema
    GetFeature, which provides the features

The request GetFeature accepts parameters to filter features :
    BBOX, a bounding box in the features SRS
    FEATUREID, a feature id
    FILTER, a filter in Filter Encoding 1.0

The request GetFeature provides the feature in an XML format, GML2.

The WFS service (GetCapapbilities and GetFeature) has been tested with
QGIS. The GetFeature output formats have been tested with OpenLayers (GML2
and GeoJSON).
2 patches are proposed in this redmine issue :
    one for the trunk and branch 1.8
    one for the 1.7

Each patch
    adds a public method to get QgsGeometry in GeoJSON format
    adds WFS 1.0.0 service capabilities to QGIS Server
    extends WFS 1.0.0 service capabilities with GeoJSON output format.

Feel free to test and report.

Michael