[Qgis-developer] Offset curve tool

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Wed Feb 29 05:34:06 EST 2012

On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 11:11:43AM +0100, Marco Hugentobler wrote:

> The offset curve tool creates parallel shifts of linestrings and
> polygon rings ( single sided buffers with the geos function
> GEOSSingleSidedBuffer ).

Note that GEOSSingleSidedBuffer was deprecated in 3.3.0 in favor
of the GEOSOffsetCurve function. To be honest I dubt it'll ever
be really dropped, but I'd recomend using the new API nonetheless
(when available). Only difference in API is that GEOSOffsetCurve
deduces side by sign of distance (positive means left, negative
means right).

--strk;