[Qgis-developer] bug instructions: a simple proposal

Alister Hood alister.hood at synergine.com
Sat Jan 7 08:34:47 EST 2012

Hi everyone,
I have some suggestions for http://hub.qgis.org/wiki/quantum-gis/Bugreports

- Instruct users to use the preview button when creating or commenting on a bug report.  (I have used the hub a lot, but still sometimes I expect things to appear differently than they actually do).

- Instruct users to only use the edit button on comments to make minor changes (e.g. correcting typos).  This is because there is no email update when a comment is edited.

- The definitions to be used for determining the Priority of a ticket are currently oriented only towards bugs.  I think there should be some additional guidance for determining the Priority of feature requests.
(even if the guidance is "All feature requests are to be assigned 'Normal' priority".  But I'm not proposing that should be the guidance - I think some feature requests are much more important than others.)

Regards,
Alister