[Qgis-developer] proposal for migrating QGIS documentation to reST/Sphinx

Otto Dassau dassau at gbd-consult.de
Mon Jan 9 11:36:06 EST 2012

Hi,

we started to work on a solution for the documentation and we decided to
migrate the docs from latex to rst - but this has not happened yet. At this
point we have the docs in git and we plan to start using the online tools
provided by github to work on the englisch manual (latex) for the next
release.

For the future we will convert the latex sources to rst and we are still
open and thinking about an optimal solution for the translation process.
Help and ideas is always welcome.

That's what I can say for the manual/documentation. I remember I had a look
at Sphinx some time ago. I liked it but haven't seen a solution for the
manual translations with it - maybe that has changed.

I guess, Werner can say more about the GUI and its translation.

Regards
Otto