[Qgis-developer] Adding expressions support for layer's actions

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Tue Jan 10 14:22:51 EST 2012

Hi

On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 9:30 AM, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:
> Il 08/01/2012 01:24, Giuseppe Sucameli ha scritto:
>

>> In addition, should I drop the old behavior (I think it's better, but it
>> breaks
>> API) or support both them (i.e. adding a version property for actions) or
>> keep the old behavior for compatibility only (adding an option in the
>> settings
>> dialog)?
>

> +1 for the first solution.
> Also, please note that the interface should be streamlined, avoiding the
> need to apply & update the action, etc.

Also if you are thinking about actions, it would be nice to have a new
maptool called 'feature action' that runs an action directly when
clicking a feature (or maybe pops up an action list when more than one
action has been defined for a layer). The actions is such cool
functionality but the number of mouse clicks required makes it too far
away to be convenient to use.

Regards

Tim

> All the best.