[Qgis-developer] Re: [Qgis-community-team] Fwd: [Live-demo] Translation tools - Pootle

Otto Dassau dassau at gbd-consult.de
Wed Jan 11 04:19:02 EST 2012

Hi,

I was just talking to Astrid Emde and Lars Lingner. They have experience
using rst in the Mapserver and OSGeo-Live project and they are satisfied
with that for the documentation. I will get more information about their
method the next days.

From the OSGeo Live project I know that they use OmegaT (a desktop tool) for
the translations in combination with subversion. Haven't seen anything about
git supporty yet, will check more, but the tool works quite well, I tested
it.

As soon as I know more about the tool chain (sphinx, svn, ...) they use for
their project documentation, I write it to the list and we can decide, if
that's, what we want to use for the documentation.

For GUI translations of .ts files, pootle might be a good solution. At least
we could test it again.

Regards
Otto