[Qgis-developer] Building QGIS on MS Visual Studio 2005

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Fri Jan 13 15:33:49 EST 2012

Hi

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 6:09 PM, Puneet Baijal <Puneet.Baijal at rmsi.com> wrote:

> HI Everyone,
>
> I am trying to build QGIS 1.7.3 version using MS Visual Studio 2005. While
> creating the CMake file I encounter the error: /CMake Error at
> cmake/FindSIP.cmake:54 (MESSAGE):  Could not find SIP
> Call Stack (most recent call first):  CMakeLists.txt:412 (FIND_PACKAGE)/
> I am using CMake 2.6.4 and OSGeo4W for other dependencies.

2005 is not supported - you need to use MSVC 2008 (including the free
express version). See windows section in this file for the officially
supported build procedure.

https://github.com/qgis/Quantum-GIS/blob/master/INSTALL

Regards

Tim

> Regards
> Puneet
> Disclaimer:
> This message and any attachments contain information that may be RMSI
> Private Limited. confidential and/or privileged. If you are not the intended
> recipient (or authorized to receive for the intended recipient), and have
> received this message in error, any use, disclosure or distribution is
> strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please
> notify the sender immediately by replying to the e-mail and permanently
> deleting the message from your computer and/or storage system.

 * QGIS programming and support services
 * FOSS Consulting Services
Skype: timlinux
Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net