[Qgis-developer] Problem with Postgis 2.0 Views and picking (info-tool)

Denis Rouzaud denis.rouzaud at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 01:13:25 EST 2012

Hi Andreas,

I have similar problems, but with Postgis 1.5.
I posted last week on qgis and postgis users:
http://old.nabble.com/MultiPoint-to-CircularString-to-LineString-td33132890.html

In my case, I noticed thaht when building a geometry, you have to
enforce the SRID in it, with EWKT for example. If you don't want to, you
have to feed a -1 for the SRID in the geometry_columns.

If you do not do this (i.e. have a SRID in geometry_columns and nothing
in the view), there is no error in postgis, but you have a problem in
QGIS. I have experienced the same error:

Query: CLOSE qgisf0 returned 7 [ERROR:  current transaction is aborted,
commands ignored until end of transaction block
]

Hope it helps a bit,

Denis