[Qgis-developer] Re: Complicate the plugin situation

3nids denis.rouzaud at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 11:07:34 EST 2012

Hi all,

I pushed my first plugin just now.
http://hub.qgis.org/projects/itembrowser
https://github.com/3nids/itembrowser

I have to say it is not a trivial task and might discourage people as it is
right now.
There are inconsistencies in the page http://plugins.qgis.org :
-  the linked wiki
http://hub.qgis.org/wiki/quantum-gis/Writing_Python_Plugins has moved
- As already stated, it tells you to register your plugin at
http://hub.qgis.org/projects/qgis-user-plugins where you cannot create a
project

Also, when submitting the plugin, I needed to give a metadata file, which I
did not heard about. When I looked in PyQGIS cook book at writting plugins (
http://www.qgis.org/pyqgis-cookbook/plugins.html#writing-a-plugin ), the
info about metada is unclear and tells you to register the plugin at another
repo http://pyqgis.org/

The warnings when you upload the plugin are somehow discouraging also....