[Qgis-developer] Re: Complicate the plugin situation

Paolo Corti pcorti at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 09:00:10 EST 2012

> after endless emails we agreed on
>
> * all plugins should have a public issue tracker
> * all plugins should should a SNV/GIT core repository
> * all plugins should have a public homepage
>
> this means that if the author doesn't supply those informations a
> warning (not an error!) is issued by the plugins app. Only staff
> members and authors see the warnings. The warning says:
>
> "Some important informations are missing from the plugin metadata
> (homepage, tracker or repository). Please consider creating a project
> on hub.qgis.org and filling the missing metadata."
>
> this is a suggestion, not an order, if the red color of the text
> disturbs you, we can easily change, also, if you have some proposals
> on a better message, please let us know.

Hi Ale

I like very much the approach of the plugin Django application, so I
really hope that the QGIS developers community will stick with it.
A very nice add-on you could easily implement isre a comment system,
by using the django-threadedcomments.
I also recommend you to give a look to the  OpenComparison project
[1], the platform on which the DjangoPackages portal [2] (and other
ones) is based: there are very good ideas all around there, specially
the  integration with the APIs provided by PyPI, Github, BitBucket,
Launchpad, and SourceForge ;)

Thanks again for your excellent work!

[1] http://opencomparison.readthedocs.org/en/latest/index.html
[2] http://djangopackages.com/