[Qgis-developer] Raster resampling

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch
Fri Jan 20 09:26:54 EST 2012

Hi Radim

>It seems that sometimes it is slower reprojection and sometimes
>resampling, depending on which resampling algorithm is used,
>complexity of projection and if approx repro is used. We need some
>benchmarks on this. Would it be possible to have an optional order of
>projection and resampling and choose the faster one on runtime?

Not sure I understand exactly what you mean.

Is it to have resampling on layer (and color) level and additionaly
resampling on provider (and raster band) level in the method
QgsRasterDataProvider::readBlock? Then if otf-reprojection is on and
raster type is not paletted, use the one inside the provider level, else
the one on layer level?
This sounds like a good solution to me.

Regards,
Marco

--
Dr. Marco Hugentobler
Sourcepole -  Linux&  Open Source Solutions