[Qgis-developer] About Korean CRS

Werner Macho werner.macho at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 17:05:04 EST 2012

On Sun, 2012-01-22 at 23:10 +0900, Sanghee Shin wrote:
> Hi Werner,
>
> 2 members of our OSGeo Korean chapter translated all the menus & messages of QGIS into Korean at the end of last year. You can find those i18n files at the site. http://osgeo.kr/15
>
> I'm not sure why those 2 guys didn't put the Korean i18n files to the QGIS developers page. They might not know how to upload that Korean i18n files to the QGIS hub or they might be too busy these days. Anyway if you guide the step how to upload Korean i18n file to QGIS hub, that would be appreciated.
>
> And our local chapter have been translating QGIS manual into Korean nowadays. According to our plan, all the translations will be finished by the end of February. Our final Koran manual will be released in PDF format. Anyway I hope next QGIS could include Korean manual as well.

Hi Sanghee!

I look at the webpage but unfortunately I only found the .qm files
(which means this are the "compiled" translation files) .. For QGIS
source (and that means providing the translation to the source code) I
would need the .ts files. If these files are somewhere around please
send them to me or provide them somewhere to download and I will add the
files to the source..
Which Version of QGIS are these translations based on? Just to put them
into the correct branch ..
Once they are inside the source they can always be downloaded and worked
on ..

Thanks for your help

kind regards
Werner