[Qgis-developer] About Korean CRS

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Jan 23 17:16:38 EST 2012

2012/1/22 Sanghee Shin <endofcap at gmail.com>:
> Dear Frank,
>
> Thank you for your posting. Since I noticed GDAL 1.9 included new CRSes of Korea, I raised this issues here in QGIS project.
>
> According to one of README[1] file in metacrs project, GDAL is almost the starting point of updating CRS info in other softwares. I noticed that CRSes of QGIS is managed as spatialite db(srs.db and qgis.db) and also found that those CRSes could be updated using a shell script called qgis_srs.sh [2] I don't think this shell script reflect the recent schema of srs.db. However I think I can update or add new Korean CRS to QGIS CRS db.

Sanghee,

I looked into the qgis_srs.sh script and I am please to see it
uses the GDAL epsg_tr.py script to produce the coordinate
systems.  You might be able to run it with GDAL 1.9.0 installed
and get the updates values.

Please don't forget to check into whether the Korean datum
is properly represented.  A mistake on this could cause many
problems and it is a common source of problems.

Best regards,