[Qgis-developer] Postgis provider, add and modify linestring

Ramon Andiñach custard at westnet.com.au
Mon Jan 23 18:07:49 EST 2012

On 24/01/2012, at 03:18 , Paolo Cavallini wrote:

> Il 23/01/2012 15:49, Denis Rouzaud ha scritto:
>
>> 5. Having some experience with cad softwares, I must say I don't think it's a great
>> idea to have a single action (or icon) for adding, deleting, moving nodes. It leads
>> to a much more complex action. I.e., for adding a node: double clicking - selecting
>> node - moving it without releasing button - release button instead of clicking -
>> moving - clicking.
>> I'll see with the drawers, but I am pretty sure they would like single buttons.
>
> For me, the current situation (node tool) is a major improvement over the old,
> many-buttons one. Everything can be improved, but I would see having many buttons as
> a regression.
> All the best.

+1
In another drawing programme I use a lot, it is irritating to me that amount of time I spend mucking about with the buttons - when I should be drawing.
The node tool might take a little getting used to, but now that I am, knowing it can be done like this, increases my existing frustration about having to continually stop drawing to change buttons.

-ramon.