[Qgis-developer] python 2.7 in osgeo4w and rpy2

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 08:19:15 EST 2012

Hi all,

python was updated to 2.7 in osgeo4w

> Good news, the osgeo4w crew has finished upgrading most packages to
> python 2.7. You should now be able to try upgrading. I think there
> might be a few minor packages that aren't available yet (I think
> that's mapnik, liblas, mapscript, mapfish, rpy2)
> Help on those would be appreciated if people want them bundled. See
> the osgeo4w mailing list and trac for more details

a few packages were not updated yet, rpy2 is among them. Without this
package updated all plugins that are R based (ManageR, Home Range
plugin, SDA4PP, etc.) are not working anymore

"Unable to load manageR: Unable to load required package rpy2.
Please ensure that both R, and the corresponding version of Rpy2 are
correctly installed."

any taker?

cheers

-- Giovanni --