[Qgis-developer] Rule-based renderer updates

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 18:15:59 EST 2012

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 2:51 PM, kimaidou <kimaidou at gmail.com> wrote:

> - filtering of rules in GUI - by label / filter expression / scale
>
> not a priority for me, since the tree should improve user experience. And
> you would have to dynamically change the tree, which could lead to weird
> behaviours ? Such as showing only some child nodes

Qt allows you to create proxy models that filter out some of your
items - no need to do some complex logic to modify the tree of rules.
For complex styling it might be interesting to see only rules that are
active in a particular scale or which rules use a particular field.

> Another thing I find hard to play with in the current 1.7 versions is the
> need to click again and again to change rule priority : click the rule, then
> click the array (increase or decrease), then reclick the rule (which
> location has changed), then reclick "increase", etc. I think.
> This is why I think the drag and drop (and multi-selection) you implemented
> would be very handy !

Btw. Richard has provided a patch in a pull request for that, it might
be possible to backport it to 1.7 and 1.8

Martin