[Qgis-developer] Re: [Qgis-user] Atlas plugin - create map books

Nathan Woodrow madmanwoo at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 02:50:09 EST 2012

-1 to mixing Python and C++ to me.  If we only targeted one platform with
one version of Python I would be a +1 but the amount of emails we get about
Python not working, conflicts with Python version, conflicts of Python
plugin libs etc, would lower the user experience not increase it.

There is also the issue of API binding.

I would love to see the composer improved to handle map book making as a
core built in function, however I am happy for it to stay as a plugin at
the moment because it will be easy to work out and fix all the logic bugs,
has a larger spread of users, and quicker to develop and distribute.

- Nathan