[Qgis-developer] Re: [Qgis-user] knock knock - 1.7.4 is outside

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Thu Jan 26 09:22:32 EST 2012

On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 03:05:05PM +0100, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Il 26/01/2012 15:01, Werner Macho ha scritto:
>
> > So the "either" point of your mail is one thing I cannot do - and to be
> > honest I dont know what you mean with "downgrade them" ..
>
> I mean to check all the 13 very serious bugs, and see if they are so serious to block
> the release or if their rank can be lowered. As a general principle, I think we
> should not release a version with known blockers.

I agree on the general principle, but given that we just started
maintaining a stable branch we'll surely have more "blockers" than
resources to fix them. So in addition to "downgrade" their seriousness
I'd add the possibility to retarget them to 1.7.5.

Better a 1.7.4 with a bunch of bugfixes since 1.7.3 than no 1.7.4 at all.
I'm sure 1.7.4 won't be the last in the 1.7 branch, nor willing for it to
be (I like a stable qgis even if I can build from sources ... :)

--strk;