[Qgis-developer] HackFest in Lyon

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Sat Jan 28 06:51:35 EST 2012

Hi Vincent

On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 1:12 PM, Vincent Picavet
<vincent.ml at oslandia.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> A small update to keep you posted. We have a first proposal for a room to host
> the HF at lyon university. It's a classroom with 60 seats.
>
> It's here :
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=45.7384&lon=4.8866&zoom=14&layers=M
>
> That's a 15 min bus ride from the main train station.
>
> The only available dates for this room would be from 12 to 16th of april.
> There is a fee, which local commitee ands sponsors should be able to pay.
>
> We've got a few other leads, which may be better or have other dates available
> .
> We should decide for a definitive location (and dates) end of next week
> probably.
> We'll let you know as soon as we have other informations.
>

>From my experiences at QGIS hackfests here are some important things
to think of when selecting your venue:

- can we arrange the tables so we can 'huddle' into groups when needed?
- is there a data projector available for ad hoc presentations?
- can we stay late in the venue
- is it (very) close to cheap accommodation
- does it have plenty of power outlets
- is there good wireless network access available
- can we snack and drink coffee in the venue

If you can meet all these criteria, geek happiness goes up, commits
sky rocket and peace shrouds the world for 3 days :-)

Regards

Tim

> Vincent, for OSGeo-fr
>

> Le vendredi 20 janvier 2012 18:24:10, MORREALE Jean Roc a écrit :
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> We are (osgeo-fr) working on getting a place for a maximum of fifty
>> persons.
>>
>> What we know so far ->
>>
>> Month : April
>> Days : 3 to 5, will include Friday, Saturday and Sunday
>>
>> Poll : http://www.doodle.com/cw5ggzfv645fbept
>>
>> Regards,
>> Jean-Roc
>>
>> Le 20/01/2012 14:49, Werner Macho a écrit :
>> > Hi!
>> >
>> > About 30min ago I asked Horst the same on IRC ...
>> > +1 to start early to have enough time to catch cheap flights ..
>> >
>> > regards
>> > Werner

 * QGIS programming and support services
 * FOSS Consulting Services