[Qgis-developer] UI element renaming

Nathan Woodrow madmanwoo at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 19:19:05 EST 2012

Hi all,

Just wanted to know if people would be up for renaming the menu item Query
in the right click menu of a layer to "Filter". IMO Query means to reduce
and extract a subset of data into another set, vs Filter which implies just
a reduction.  The current working of Query is really just a filter action
vs extracting a new dataset.   A few people I have shown QGIS to have found
the wording and action confusing.  Thoughts?

I would also like to rename the "Save Style", "Load Style" etc at the
bottom of the Layer Properties dialog to "Save Properties" "Load
Properties" as clicking the Save Style button saves a lot more then just
the the styles of the layer, it currently saves all the properties that
have been setup for that layer including stuff from the Field tab, Actions
tab, Metadata tab etc.  As the buttons are also at the base of the dialog
and persistent no matter which tab you are on I think this make sense.
 Thoughts?

- Nathan