[Qgis-developer] [PROPOSAL] From srs.db to file-based CRS storage

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Mon Jan 30 21:17:32 EST 2012

I actually commented on this on CRS the other day. I think adding an
export/import tool to the custom CRS tool could help a lot, and the prj
wkt format could be used or other formats as seen on spatialreference.org

Personally sqlite seems like a more efficient solution to me within the
program, but I agree better access to the information can help some
users. We might also consider a form in QGIS with boxes for each of the
possible proj parameters rather than having to figure out the syntax
(personally I copy past from spatialreference.org)

Thanks,
Alex