[Qgis-developer] QGIS for android got GPS and compass support

Marco Bernasocchi marco at bernawebdesign.ch
Tue Jan 31 18:51:38 EST 2012

Hi all,
Lately I’ve been working on adding native GPS support to QGIS on Android
and sucessfully managed to implement it. A big thanks goes to the
municipality of Schoten in Belgium which sponsored the developement.
This functionality is included in the latest nightly builds as of
yesterday and in master-alpha4.

Furthermore I've implemented a plugin that reads the internal compass
readings and shows the value in a small dock widget.

Other bugs like the font size have been fixed and the overall look is
much nicer.

As usual, all the latest news, bugs and downloads can be found at [0] or
on my blog [1]

As a last message, remember that any economic support will make QGIS on
android evolve much quicker, so if you can, or know somebody who could,
please consider sponsoring.

Ciao
Marco

[0] http://android.qgis.org