[Qgis-developer] Announce: TauDEM plugin for QGIS

mlt mlt at gmx.us
Mon Jul 2 13:26:37 PDT 2012

Paolo:

> It has a number of strange dependencies, though

That is odd. All dependencies (but mpich2 with mpiexec) are picked up by
dh_shlibdeps automatically and according to build log [1] those don't look
bad.

Depends: mpich2, libc6 (>= 2.4), libgcc1 (>= 1:4.1.1), libmpich2-3,
libstdc++6 (>= 4.4.0)

Meanwhile I'd suggest to rebuild package from the source one using apt-src
[2] or something [3]. I'll see later what might be wrong.

> Unforunately, it has to be configured (/usr/bin), and then it does nopt
> work

You might need to update sextante_taudem . AFAIK it should accept empty
paths now.

> Any hope to have the help pages soon? Without this, it may be difficult to
> use.

While I agree that it is nice to have a help, nevertheless PDF on official
web site [3] is quite helpful. IRC there is no documentation available in a
format suitable for conversion. So one has to write at least a brief usage
which probably won't be soon :-)

M.

[1]
https://launchpadlibrarian.net/109154708/buildlog_ubuntu-oneiric-i386.taudem_5.2-2_BUILDING.txt.gz