[Qgis-developer] What will be in QGIS 2.0

欧阳乐岩 ouyang.leyan at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 11 06:48:25 PDT 2012

On 07/11/2012 07:26 PM, Tim Sutton wrote:> In terms of decrufting, it
would be good to remove all the duplicated items:

 > - twin labelling systems
 > (...)
 > - twin symbology systems

I agree it is very important. To go further, I would love to see a
closer integration between symbology and labelling.

The current situation has several issues, for example:
* Label is added on all features even when only some are visible on a
categorised or rule based rendering
* Label information is saved in qml file saved from the style tab in
properties, which is not intuitive to say the least.

This would especially bring rule-based labelling, which seems to be a
quite popular feature (issues #3843, #4840, #5056 and #5836 at least).

If for 2.0 some groundwork is laid for a cleaner labelling and symbology
systems, I hope it will make it possible to reuse some components in
both parts.

Leyan