[Qgis-developer] Memory data provider persistence

haubourg regis.haubourg at eau-adour-garonne.fr
Fri Jul 20 06:55:20 PDT 2012

Hi all,
one up for this topic. Since QGIS 1.8, memory layer saver is not working the
same way as in 1.7.4.
I raised a tickets here  http://hub.qgis.org/issues/6075
http://hub.qgis.org/issues/6075 , but I think something changed in memory
layer provider or OGR GML provider, and it maybe isn't a plugin issue:

In fact, FID field was previously hidden to end user in QGIS but was present
in GML.  It was filled with "F"+id . It now is filled with
"projectName."+id. FID field is now shown to end user whic alterates table
structure when saving.
Reopening project, saving and reoping a second time add a second FID field.

Anyone has an idea of what's going on ?

BTW *I'am really interested to have a stable way of saving memory layers
along with project.Anyone still working on it ? Having it part of the Core
would be great too. I am ready to sponsor it since it. *
What solution should we keep? gml+xsd along with project? A dialog asking
what memory layers to save, and explaining what are thoses gml and xsd files
would be nice too. I have seen users cleaning up those messy files since
they did not understand what they were..