[Qgis-developer] upgrading core plugins (was: Modifications to dissolve() in fTools)

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Tue Jul 24 05:27:28 PDT 2012

Hi Etienne,

On Tue, 24. Jul 2012 at 09:14:49 -0300, Etienne Tourigny wrote:
> I think that makes a lot of sense - but need to make sure that new
> versions still work in older api.

Right - so we'd need to maintain (more) legacy stuff in master only for stuff,
that is not in master - because master includes the current version of the core
plugins anyway.

We probably should simply release more often - and get that process as lean as
possible, instead of putting work into making long release cycles less
painless.

I'm not sure the above 'stable release' scheme will work - although it sounds
much easier that the earlier attempts ;)

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-31
committ(ed|ing) to Quantum GIS                         IRC: jef on FreeNode

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden