[Qgis-developer] Raster min/max load

Radim Blazek radim.blazek at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 05:00:38 PDT 2012

Hi,
I am working on 2-98% cumulative pixel count cut (raster stretch
min/max, stdev alternative). Adding that option into raster
properties, I found the "Load min/max values" (http://goo.gl/xl2Ti)
group a bit confusing, it was mixing method, extent and accuracy, all
in one group:
  * Estimate - accuracy
  * Actual - accuracy
  * CurrentExtent - extent
  * Standard deviation - method

Following QGIS HIG "Group related elements using group boxes" I added
groups for extent and accuracy (logically, there should be another one
for method, but that would result in another group header just under
"Load min/max values"): http://goo.gl/IfZbf
>From that widget it is clear I believe, what each checkbox means and
how do they work together. It is crowded, however.

I simplified it removing the groups and checkboxes for defaults:
http://goo.gl/4XmpR
It looks better but does not follow HIG and user must think more to
imagine what are opposites of "Current extent" and "Estimate".

Which one is preferred? Do you have better idea?

With 3 parameters as input, it is also impossible to have loading
min/max as an action in histogram tab (commented for now) until we add
all combinations.

Radim