[Qgis-developer] Backporting fixes to 1.8

Werner Macho werner.macho at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 06:36:53 PDT 2012

Hi!

As there are heavy changes in master right now and we do not have
enough developers to grant a good/bugfree backporting workflow there
was a the decision made on the last meeting in Zurich that development
is continuing in master and we try to "release" a new version out of
master sooner or later.

Depending on how long it takes to settle down all new features to a
stable state in master and releasing a new version there will
_probably_ be a bugfix version for 1.8 but I would not expect it.
That means 1.8 will be 1.8 as it is right now for at least some time..
until (hopefully) there will be a 1.9 (2.0?) with all the shiny new
features in it (which at that time should be reliably too).

If you want to help us stabilizing master .. try out master and report bugs ..

(I hope thats a short conclusion of the decisions made at the meeting
- if not please correct me)

kind regards
Werner