[Qgis-developer] label engin settings

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 13:03:04 PDT 2012

Hi Andreas

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 8:53 AM, Andreas Neumann <a.neumann at carto.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I also agree that it should be a per layer option.
>
> I believe I discussed this with Marco H. already and he said there are some
> technical (PAL?) issues with trying to do it per Layer only. Maybe he can
> explain it - I don't remember.

Indeed it's something that PAL does not currently support. But I agree
that it is sometimes useful to label all features even though that
would produce overlaps.

We could improve PAL to place labels in two steps:
1. label features from layers where all features must be labeled,
without collision detection
2. label features from the rest of layers with usual placement
algorithm, labels from step 1 act as obstacles

Martin