[Qgis-developer] getting the selected filter from the Save style filedialog

Giuseppe Sucameli brush.tyler at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 20:00:11 EST 2012

Hi all,

yesterday night I pushed to master the support to SLD.
The feature is available from the Save style/Load style buttons in vector
layer properties.

BTW, there's a problem [1]: you need to add ".sld" extension to the
output filename when saving because there's no way to distinguish what
format was selected in the native file dialog (see [2]).

I remember this was a QT issue (right?) using the
QFileDialog::getSaveFileName static method and this problem was already
handled in more than a place using 2 different solutions:

- adding a combo to select the format before selecting the filename (e.g.
"Save as..."),
- using the non-native filedialog (e.g. "Save image...")

Of course I cannot add the format combo to the Vector layer property GUI
(where should I put it?), but I would avoid the second solution because
there are some tickets about using the non-native filedialogs (see [3], [4]).

Does anybody here know a better solution?
Otherwise I'm going to switch that filedialog to the non-native one.

Regards.

[1] http://hub.qgis.org/issues/5136
[2] http://hub.qgis.org/issues/2298
[3] http://hub.qgis.org/issues/5096