[Qgis-developer] undisplayed elements are selected

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Fri Mar 16 04:12:57 EDT 2012

 hm - I agree with Denis. Features invisible because of scale ranges
 should not be selectable and should not react to map tips.

 In QGIS Server we filtered the invisible features away in
 GetFeatureInfo requests. The same should be done for selecting features
 in QGIS desktop and for the map tips. The rule-based renderer V2 offers
 a method called willRenderFeature() (see
 http://doc.qgis.org/api/classQgsRuleBasedRendererV2.html#b514bc63bd9e744faca24236a89b7e4d)
 that could be used to see if such a feature is displayed or not. But
 the method says that it has to be called between startRender() and
 stopRender() calls - so I don't know if it would work for
 querying/selection features?

 Any thoughts?
 Andreas

 On Fri, 16 Mar 2012 00:44:02 -0700, Nathan Woodrow wrote:
> I would say this could be an expected behaviour as styling is only a
> visual thing and doesn't affect the data....maybe.
>
> - Nathan
>
> Sent from my Windows Phone

 Andreas Neumann
 Böschacherstrasse 10A