[Qgis-developer] Re: import proprietary code inside a python plugin

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 03:07:41 EDT 2012

I premit that I've already chosen a solution to bypass these issues: one,
common library and two plugins, one for qgis and one for arcpy. The plugins
will interact through pickling, sharing a common data structure from the
common library. This is the easiest solution for me to deploy (no servers
as with iPython or RabbitMQ).

So, at the end, QGis + GPL + proprietary = illegal.

But what about QGis + GPL + LGPL + proprietary?

It's not a perversion, it's something that we already have:

fTool + GDAL python bindings + ECW

giovanni