[Qgis-developer] plans to integrate terrain analysis tools? (was: Fwd: gdaldem plugin versus raster terrain modelling plugin)

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Fri May 4 01:26:42 PDT 2012

Dear devs,

What are the immediate plans to integrate terrain/dem tools?
Currently we have several terrain tools available (Raster Terrain
Modelling plugin, GdalTools, GRASS, Sextante).
I am currently preparing a howto on terrain analysis for newbies and I
am evaluating which of the above plugin to introduce.  Perhaps if
there are plans to integrate, I might as well introduce them to the
plugin the will eventually "survive" the integration.

Thanks!