[Qgis-developer] Fwd: Threads in sextante

Alexander Bruy alexander.bruy at gmail.com
Sun May 13 00:23:07 PDT 2012

Hi Etienne,

2012/5/12 Etienne Tourigny <etourigny.dev at gmail.com>:
> I stand corrected then - I guess I was confusing it with ftools, which
> is blocking and does not spawn a process.
> Any way ftools could be adapted to use the same approach as gdaltools?

most fTools functions already implemented as threaded, but there are some
minor issues. I work on improving processes handing in fTools, and several
tools already don't block main QGIS window, has non-modal dialogs and allows
to cancel running process.

Also I think about rewritting fTools in C++ and integrating its
algorithms into QGIS
analysis library. This makes tools a bit faster and will allow to use
algorithms in
plugins

--
Alexander Bruy