[Qgis-developer] Multilanguage plugin development

Bernhard Ströbl bernhard.stroebl at jena.de
Thu Nov 1 08:45:38 PDT 2012

Hi Andreas,

I use Eric Python IDE for my plugins which takes care of my translations
by scanning alle source files in the project for code that needs to be
translated. You can start QtLinguist from the eric project.

I use <code>QtGui.QApplication.translate("yourContext",
"yourTextToTranslate", None, QtGui.QApplication.UnicodeUTF8)</code>
which is exacly what pyuic creates from QtDesigner's ui files (no idea
if this is good but it works :)

Bernhard

--
Bernhard Ströbl