[Qgis-developer] QGIS Engine development

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch
Tue Nov 20 13:26:39 PST 2012

>Not currently. By the way as far as I know the Arthur paint system in
>Qt4 is based on AGG.

Afaik it is not based on AGG. The QImage rasterizer is based on the
freetype scan-converter.
There is an article about it
(http://blog.qt.digia.com/blog/2009/12/18/qt-graphics-and-performance-the-raster-engine/).
The authors of Qt seem to have considered building it on top of AGG
first, then decided that it is not a good idea (template based approach
of AGG, too many conversions).

Regards,
Marco