[Qgis-developer] more advanced editing tools

Bernhard Ströbl bernhard.stroebl at jena.de
Fri Nov 30 01:23:32 PST 2012

Hi Angelos,

I agree that some 2 to 5 tools should go into cadTools. What we have
until now:
- parallel move of polygon side (IMHO CAD-like function)
- split feature with selected feature from another theme (general
digitizing function)
- cut out from feature with selected polygon from another theme (general
digitizing function)
- continue editing an exisitng line (general digitizing function)
- save all layers being in editing mode in one go (general digitizing
function)
- fill hole(s) in polygon feature (general digitizing function)
- fill spaces between polygons (general digitizing function)
- avoid intersection when copying/pasting polygons (reported bug)
- split lines with points (IMHO fTools)
- prolong a line, i.e. move its endpoint in the direction of the last
segment (CAD-like function)

from a users point of view it would be nice to have everything related
to digitizing in one plugin on the other hand users probably do not
expect the functions I marked as "general digitizing" in a plugin called
cadTools.

Bernhard

__________ Information from ESET Mail Security, version of virus signature database 7747 (20121129) __________

http://www.eset.com