[Qgis-developer] Recent changes in the python plugins web application

Giuseppe Sucameli brush.tyler at gmail.com
Sat Oct 6 09:01:10 PDT 2012

Hi,

On Sat, Oct 6, 2012 at 1:14 PM, Alessandro Pasotti <apasotti at gmail.com> wrote:
> * author
> * email
>
> this new fields are now mandatory for both the old __init__.py and the
> new metadata.txt file.

I'm changing the plugin installer to get author name from
"author" function, but for compatibility it'll check the
"authorName" function whether the author one is missing.

On QGis <= 1.8  the users can still install and use plugins from
the new plugin repository without updating the plugin installer.
The only issue using an old plugin installer could be it doesn't
show the author of plugins which uses the new metadata and
are only locally available (e.g. plugins removed from the repo).

Should we really release a update for a such problem?
I suppose no, but any opinion is welcome.

Regards.

--
Giuseppe Sucameli