[Qgis-developer] [Qgis-user] Lao font not workng under QGIS 1.8 on windows

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Tue Oct 9 01:39:38 PDT 2012

Il 09/10/2012 10:30, Stefan Sylla ha scritto:
> Dear QGIS Users & Developers,
>
> we use QGIS for Land registration and land use planning in the
> framework of capacity building inside the Laotian government system.
>
> Since using QGIS 1.8, we face the following problem with lao fonts:
> when loading a shapefile (UTF-encoding enabled) with lao font entries
> in the attribute table it doesn`t show up properly, only cryptic
> signs. We use Windows 7 as operating system (but same problem on
> Windows XP). Does anybody have a solution for that?
>
> On QGIS 1.7.4 and older versions lao font always worked properly.
Hi all.
Apparently this is a very serious problem also in Korea, and I imagine
also in many other countries. People solve this by either downgrading to
1.7.4, or using a nextgis package.
I remember a lengthy discussion on this, but I cannot recall the conclusion.
Is there something I can do to help fixing it? I would like to at least
show a way for the solution at the FOSS4G Korea, in the next days.
Thanks a lot.

--
Paolo Cavallini - Faunalia
www.faunalia.eu