[Qgis-developer] QGis 1.9 gdal.h not found

Justin Hubbard justin at pyrotechsoftware.com
Wed Oct 10 06:42:23 PDT 2012

Hi

I am brand new to the QGIS and Linux developer world.
I have built QGIS from source and all has gone well.

I have also been following Tim Sutton's tutorials on this development, and
while attempting to add a raster layer (tutorial
4<http://blog.qgis.org/node/94>)
but am getting a strange error when compiling.
The qgsRasterLayer class
#include "gdal.h" which now gives me a file not found error.

I am sure that I am doing something wrong as I know that I have gdal 1.9.0
installed in the default path, and that the QGIS build found it without
problems.
Could someone please point me in the right direction.
--

Much appreciated
*Justin Hubbard*