[Qgis-developer] Information on QGIS bug #6013 and #4091

Giuseppe Sucameli sucameli at faunalia.it
Fri Oct 19 17:52:31 PDT 2012

Hi Vivien,

On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 1:15 AM, Vivien Deparday
<vivien.deparday at gmail.com> wrote:
> sorry for writing you directly, I just wanted to double check that I
> am doing and understanding things right before posting a new comment
> on one of the bug reports.

I'm moving the discussion to the ML,
please, the next time write directly to it so anyone that is
interested can join the discussion.

> I am trying to use the delimited text plugin with a file that has
> double quotes and the double quoted fields contain commas and carriage
> returns. I have seen that you mention that it is fixed in bug #6013
> (http://hub.qgis.org/issues/6013).
[[snip]]
> It is seems like it is working for "Plain Character" but for not
> selected delimiters?

delimited text provider parses quoted strings as expected
whether you choose the "plain character" option.

The "Selected delimiters" instead uses a regular expression,
so it doesn't parse strings within quotes.

> Also, even with plain characters, it is still not working for field
> that have a carriage return (multi-line field), is that supposed
> to be fixed too?

I don't know, I didn't tried with a such character within the
string, that wasn't the goal of my fix.

> Is the fix you committed supposed to be already included in
> the nightly build?

yes. My change doesn't improved the current behavior,
I just fixed the "plain character" option, now its code is
shared between the Add delimited text dialog and the
delimited text provider.

> I have also seen that there was another bug opened that is
> the same as the one you had opened:
> http://hub.qgis.org/issues/4091 and this one is not closed.

Ok, I guess I can fix it by making the "selected delimiters"
option working like the "plain character" option whether the
user chooses one delimiter only, but anyway it won't work
selecting more delimiters from the list.

Regards.

--
Giuseppe Sucameli - Faunalia