[Qgis-developer] Qgis Server and Python. Which solutions to have a python API?

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 03:01:38 PDT 2012

Hi,
the project is in very early development state. We've just implemented some
basic things for the current client we are working for, but we want to go
on with the development.
We're aware of LizMap (we're looking forward for its new release; question,
is there a public repository?), but we prefer to use Django, because it
will let us leaverage the Qgis Python APIs in case we will need them
(probably yes).
In this moment we're using qgis-web-client as it is beacuse it fits our
current needs (e.g. we don't need external base layers, it already supports
the Qgis Server print service, etc.) but I would like to implement a
Javascript API to be used independently by any JS framework.
Lots of ideas... we hope to find the needed sponsors to implement them all!

We'll release something as soon as we have a minimally stable project.
giovanni