[Qgis-developer] QgsFillSymbolLayerV2 descendants missing from sip

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Wed Sep 19 01:07:24 PDT 2012

On Tue, 18. Sep 2012 at 21:25:03 +0200, Tim Sutton wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 6:52 PM, Massimo <massimo.endrighi at geopartner.it> wrote:
> > Dear QGis developper Team,
> >
> > QgsFillSymbolLayerV2 descendants, but also QgsLineSymbolLayerV2 and
> > QgsMarkerSymbolLayerV2 descendants are missing from sip.
> > Working with styles to a deep level it is impossible without such
> > exportation.
> > Is this by design or can I add all the missing stuff in sip files?
> >

> You can work around it to some extent using approach shown in [1], but
> it would be really awesome to have the sip files updated to properly
> support V2 symbology properly.

I'd also opt for organizing the symbology-ng bindings like the rest and split
up symbology-ng.sip into the same structure as the headers.

I recently used vimdiff on a couple of sip/header combos and fixed some
differences.  On the way I also added some notes in the headers about stuff
that is missing in the bindings.

If symbology-ng.sip had been in several pieces already, I'd probably had
already added the missing bindings - as it is it's now it's harder to spot what
is still missing.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-31
committ(ed|ing) to Quantum GIS                         IRC: jef on FreeNode

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden