[Qgis-developer] Roadmap for QGIS 2.1 and after

Régis Haubourg regis.haubourg at eau-adour-garonne.fr
Fri Apr 5 08:26:53 PDT 2013

Paolo Cavallini wrote
> Hi Régis,
> could you please explain this?
> Improve DB manager with a SQL query assistant similar to Qspatialite one.
> All the best.
> - --
> Paolo Cavallini - Faunalia

Sure. DB Manager as a very nice SQL editor window with autocompletion.
Qspatialite embed the SQL Window with a user interface close to Mapinfo SQL
window, allowing to add table names, column names, columns values, group by,
order easily. This is one of the good features in Mapinfo, and users not
familiar with SQL still achieve doing some queries with this.
DB manager has , in my mind the capacity to becom the main tool to interact
with Spatialite or QGIS. We still need to add user oriented features, and
also more ETL capacities (mapping structure and data types) for loading
purposes.
Cheers,
Régis