[Qgis-developer] Rename through add vector file

Ramon Andiñach custard at westnet.com.au
Tue Apr 9 14:53:33 PDT 2013

On 09/04/2013, at 23:46 , Antonio Locandro wrote:

> On another note, why is it the only format you can create new is a shapefile? What if I really want to create a KML or GML?

If you're using the Layer -> Save as vector (or the Save selection as vector) then it isn't. It defaults to shapefile, but this is a drop down that can be changed to a whole bunch of different formats.

If it does otherwise it's a problem.

Note also that KML and GML have other expectations (e.g. CRS) that you will need to account for in the making of the file.

-ramon.