[Qgis-developer] New website: update

antoniolocandro antoniolocandro at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 12 08:51:39 PDT 2013

Paolo

Reviewing the website it seems you have two navigation menus, one at the top and one at the left. I would suggest making the only menu the top one

It seems a lot of the features there should be under a common page as it looks right now looks crowded, messy..not good for general users (not developers)

e.g.
Under support could have chat, bugs, questions and all community

I would have

Support or Community
Events
News
Blog (Planet isnt such a descriptive name for persons not familiar)
About

the home page should showcase qgis, maybe visit a few websites you may like and borrow ideas

Finally a wireframe of your proposal, or a dev website for review would be easier to comment than text comments since we have to imagine how it would look

when making a website you first create the visual component maybe using inkscape and once design is final you code it

the site needs to be updated to 2013 standards

my view only, and I also find the current site horrible to navigate and get answers, looks more designed for coders than users