[Qgis-developer] [Qgis-community-team] New website: update

Otto Dassau dassau at gbd-consult.de
Sat Apr 13 01:09:44 PDT 2013

Hi,

I adapted the scripts on the server. According to the cronjob the new
documentation page ist now build 3 times a day.

All web and doc content is build from master branch and additionally the
docs and translations from 1.8 is added.

You find the current status here:

QGIS master doc repo with future website:
http://docs.qgis.org  => links to http://docs.qgis.org/2.0/html/en/

QGIS 1.8 documentation:
http://docs.qgis.org/1.8 => links to http://docs.qgis.org/1.8/html/en/

Regards
Otto

Am Fri, 12 Apr 2013 14:46:41 +0200
schrieb Otto Dassau <dassau at gbd-consult.de>:

> Hi,
>
> fine, i will have a look at the post_translate and pre_translate scripts.
>
> Regards
> Otto
>
> Am Fri, 12 Apr 2013 14:37:01 +0200
> schrieb Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it>:

> > Hi all.
> > Back from a short meeting with Otto, Werner, Raynold, and Alessandro.
> > Main conclusions:
> > * we should move all the nerdy stuff to another section of the site,
> > quite separate (but readily accessible) from it
> > * as a consequence, the user website should be even leaner and
> > simpler, listing only the info really essential for the users
> > * we need to improve the current script to build up the website based
> > on current GH, so everybody can see and comment the results
> > * we need a suitable theme, but we can publish the pages with the
> > current one until we find a better one
> > * we *need help* on a small but important issue: adding links to the
> > table of content, in the form:
> >
> > .. toctree::
> >     :maxdepth: 2
> >     :hidden:
> >
> >     website/download
> >     docs/user_manual/index
> >     docs/gentle_gis_introduction/index
> >     http://plugins.qgis.org
> >
> > works, but the resulting link has a label "None". Does anybody know
> > how to add a proper label to it? I tried with the normal rst syntax
> > `Plugins <http://plugins.qgis.org>`_ but it does not work.
> > This is a stumbling block for the publication.
> > * in the meantime, we are migrating content.
> >
> > Thanks to all.

Geoinformatik Büro Dassau - http://www.gbd-consult.de
FOSSGIS consulting , training , support  and analysis
Ackerstrasse 144c  ,  D - 40233 Düsseldorf ,  Germany
Tel: +49-(0)211-47468178 , Mobile: +49-(0)171-4687540

--
Community Advisor - QGIS Project Steering Committee